Mackinnon Bruce Industrial is retained by a repeat client within the environment and clean-technology market; we are engaged to recruit an experienced global marketing director based in United States (Eastern or Central time zones) to take responsibility for a global product management team and have overall responsibility for the Marketing functional area including: strategy, customer segmentation, product roadmap, pricing and leading partnership with corporate support functions in R&D, marcom and M&A. The portfolio managed will be around $250M USD with an ambitious growth target, part of a multi-billion group, managing a direct team of 6 with an amount cross functional responsibility and collaboration. The product portfolio is made up of lines with a mix of hardware, software and analytics.
You will be a member of the divisional leadership team and should have a strong background in core marketing skills product management including strategy, segment and product marketing as well as sales and sales management experience. This role is a succession planning role and you should have a background that will allow for taking on additional leadership roles with a targeted track for general management. A global citizen is preferred who is multi-lingual and has professional experience overseas, with experience in Latin America, Middle East and Asia Pacific, specifically China is advantageous. The successful candidate should also have an extensive background in a B2B environment, ideally through distribution channel as well as demonstrated, core Marketing skills and experience assessing markets, developing strategies and implementing successful execution plans.
In your role, you will have responsibility for identifying, creating and delivering new products which will require experience in a matrix organization and a demonstrated ability to persuade in functions without direct reporting relationship and the ability to comfortably and tactfully “manage up”. This will be a valuable skill set as you interact with R&D team members as well as cross functional generally both at the divisional and group level.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Science, Business or Marketing
- Strong marketing pedigree gained within a multinational industrial B2B environment
- Solid product management experience, VOC, Stage gate process, NPI/Launch, pricing, demand planning etc.,
- Direct leadership experience ideally in Marketing/Product Management
- Ability to navigate, communicate and operate within a complex multi-national structure
- Commercial background, ideally in sales, key account management that moved into product/marketing
- Global background, multi-lingual, ideally held an international assignment and global positions
- Ability to influence and drive behavioural change
- MBA is preferred
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced industrial B2B marketing/product director to make an impact on an established but growing business in a rapidly developing sector. The role is on the general management track with succession planning part of the decision making process.