Mackinnon Bruce International are working with a Global Engineering and Consultancy company to recruit a role in their core vertical market of Environment and Water.
Our client has enjoyed continued growth and expansion, developing into a Fortune 500 company, operating in over 40 countries across the globe, becoming one of the world’s largest professional services firms. Continuously providing future ready infrastructure has allowed the client to develop a unique understanding of planning and delivery – defining them as an industry leader.
Our client is looking for an Engineering & Design Manager, to be based in Sydney, Australia, to work within their Water Infrastructure vertical.
With an exceptional cumulation of work, our client has a strong platform and the ability to be selective in regards to the range of opportunities within the market.
The Engineering and Design Manager will be an integral member of the team, who is an experienced leader, striving to support and develop the team and provide a positive environment for the successful growth and development of all members.
Engineering & Design Manager responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the functions in the regional delivery team
- Support and mentor staff
- Responsibility for staff well-being
- Benchmark and monitor the performance of the design team
- Optimise clients’ value and delivery through identifying and implementing the resourcing needs of the Engineering team
- Drive culture and behaviours within the Engineering team
- Support a healthy balance amongst team members, whilst promoting and encouraging diversity and Inclusion
- Ensure cohesion and collaboration between other Engineering Leads and Managers to regulate key issues effecting projects
- Ensure the Engineering function is integrated successfully with various sub-contractors on projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15 + years’ experience
- Experience in Team Management
- Project and Design Management experience
- Ability to develop strategic plans for team growth and development
- Experience managing change
- Previous engineering and/or design management across a program level essential
- Experience in Water, Recycled Water and Sewage Infrastructure
- Client liaison and communication experience to mitigate concerns and issues through projects and teams
- Experience in commercial aspects of projects in a consulting environment
Our client offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Flexi-time and working from home
- Employee reward and recognition programme
- Workplace volunteering / giving
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Global manoeuvrability
- Parental leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Salary continuance insurance
- Development opportunities (professional and technical)
- Wellness at work and social club