Mackinnon Bruce International are retained with an exciting small sized CDMO specialising in both Cell & Gene Therapy and Biologics manufacturing.
This companies’ services include – cGMP biologics manufacturing, bioanalysis services, and discovery research services to the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
Our client is looking for a US-Based Business Development Director on the West Coast (ideally the San Francisco Bay area) to work remotely within the US. This candidate will be responsible for the achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for their territory as well as forming new external relationships.
The Business Development Director will also be responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on activities through the companies CRM system, providing relevant feedback for pipeline development and forecasting.
- Proactively explore and attract prospect and identify opportunities for sales.
- Respond to and follow through on inquiries, leads and prospecting as well as assisting the scientific teams with finalising proposals.
- Actively manage the sales process including, lead generation, consultive selling, negotiation and selling opportunities.
- Represent the company at conferences, symposia and industry events, community, and/or business meetings to positively promote services and form new relationships with prospective customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior sales/commercial person.
- A bachelor’s degree as minimum in a Life Science related subject.
- Strong knowledge of preclinical development processes and experience in the immunology and or cell/gene therapy spaces would be highly desirable.
- Strategic thinker and well-rounded sales executive with a strong commercial background with proven track record in supporting CDMO projects